Protein biomarkers, along with other omics markers, can be used to predict response, stratify patient populations, and provide insights into disease biology.
Olink® offers a high-throughput solution for protein biomarker discovery with thoroughly validated assays that provide exceptional specificity at high-multiplex levels. Widely used in clinical biomarker research, Olink can be applied across all stages of drug development, from early discovery through preclinical and clinical development to postapproval activities such as postmarket surveillance and label expansion.
Our Precision team will address proteomic biomarker needs for clinical trials, helping you investigate the mechanism of action of your new therapeutic or narrow down your list of potential clinical biomarkers to meet your endpoints.
Customized to your objective
- Identify protein quantitative trait loci (pQTLs) to link genetic variation, proteins, and disease
- Gain insight into tumor biology, mechanism of immune modulation, phenotype changes, transformation of cold to hot tumors
- Analyze longitudinal biomarker data between early and later timepoints to identify key biomarkers associated with drug-sensitive to drug-resistant state transitions
Validation in Clinical Trials
- Predict and monitor treatment response, treatment sensitivity, and mechanism of immune resistance
- Guide strategy to optimize response rates and identify novel targetable pathways
in Clinical Trials
- Examine the association of circulating protein biomarkers with clinical outcomes
- Predict onset and mechanism of treatment-associated toxicity, monitoring cytokine release syndrome and neurotoxicity
- Predict recurrence and on-treatment progression in adjuvant settings
How does Olink work?
Olink’s Proximity Extension Assay (PEA) uses 2 matched antibodies per target antigen. Each antibody pair is labeled with unique DNA oligo barcodes. When the antibodies bind to the same target protein in solution, the DNA oligo strands anneal with enough stability to enable DNA extension. The DNA barcode is then amplified, and the resulting amplicons are measured by qPCR or next-generation sequencing for absolute or relative quantification.
Uniquely scalable proteomics
The integration of the Olink Signature Q100 instrument allows for the high-multiplex technique of the quantification of protein biomarkers with
- Minimal clinical sample volume (as low as 1 µL of plasma/serum)
- Exceptional sensitivity and specificity
- Coverage of a broad dynamic range
- A wide range of accepted biologic sample types
Olink panels scale from midplex Olink Target 48 and Olink Target 96 down to customized Olink Focus and Olink Flex.
Olink’s Prevalidated and Custom Panels
Additional specialty lab services
Tissue & Liquid Biopsy
Obtain a detailed molecular view into patient biology with a range of tissue and liquid biopsy technologies, including our proprietary ApoStream platform which can isolate and enrich for circulating tumor cells for downstream analysis.
Find and monitor gene expression signatures, copy number variations, chromosome rearrangements, and other genomic events occurring in patient samples using our NGS, NanoString, qPCR, ddPCR, and FISH/ISH services.